Thread: [Tool] Nerketur's Pile of Tools
View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Nerketur
PokéScripter

Nature: Quirky
First of all, I'd like to give you all a long-needed update. I am still planning to update PMDSE It's just school has severely limited my time on this. My next big update probably won't happen until the start of the new year. I'm very glad I got a working version of the program out before my long absence, because I absolutely knew School would bog me down. I hope everyone is enjoying my program, even if it's a bit hard to use. I'm a Graduate student now, and although Tuesday and Thursday are no class I'm also a Teaching assistant, and do grading at that time. PMDSE has always been a hobby project, so School and family are more important, but I WILL finish this tool. I've gotten used to school by now, and so I'm going to start working on this again, little by little. Thank you everyone for your continued support. I just apologize for taking so long to update everyone on the status.

Secondly, I have a question, for you all. Aside from the features already planned, is there anything any of you think I need to add, or change? I'm not going to be able to do much for my own ideas... but I do have my own plans, regardless. I'd just like to hear a few more. I might even release a special Christmas update. Who knows? =P

I do think I'll just make it all in one window, with the option to change to hex or assembly at the click of a checkbox/button. As awesome as side-by-side is, it takes up space, and they are tricky to allow collaboration. One would make it easier, and less coding as well. Later on, I may release a dual-version, once I get better at coding. I may do a bit of work on it today, even. =D I'm getting motivated on it. But we'll see how long it takes to grade homework.

Again, I apologize for not updating until now, but I will be better about updating this thread in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcjboi View Post
are movements controllable? and also with this tool can "flags" be set?
Yes, and yes (eventually).

Movements can be controlled, but you currently have to simply play around with the different movements (or "actions") to figure them out yourself. I don't know everything about them yet, so although they can be controlled, you currently have to do your own research as to how.

Flags CAN be set (and read from) but how you do so depends on the type of flag. Just like the regular Pokémon games, there are variables, and there are "flags" or booleans. However, the way each is used is different from the regular Pokémon games. It's not that different, but the bad part is i don't know every command dealing with those, either. So, we will have to see. Currently I only know the most common ones, though I've looked in almost every single script file in the PMD2 games at least once. A lot of commands I know what their length is, but no idea what they do.

Also, it seems that Flags and Variables do NOT come from a single pool in the PMD2 games. They have a type, and a "folder" that they come from. I'm not sure what these folders are, but I know that ones with folder 3 in 0x72 are used to check game progress. It also seems these are variables, but you can apparently use some variables as booleans, or that there is simply a folder hierarchy of booleans. And it seems almost every script checks this progress when loading the game.

I hope that answers your question =)
Want my help in PokéScripting? PM me =)
I use XSE v1.1.1 (HackMew = awesome) and Advance Map 1.92.
Thanks to Diego and HackMew for their tutorials, helping me learn how to script!

Hacks I support 100% (MUST SEE!):

Very well made hacks:

My work:
Figuring out scripting in PMD
Entire script map of LeafGreen
PMDSE (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Script Editor)

Last edited by Nerketur; September 25th, 2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.