Thread: [Essentials script] Pokémon TCG mod
View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2012, 04:37 PM
the__end
Pixel Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
I've attached my tweaking to your design. I'm not sure about having the card icons there (which mean the same as in the GBC game; element symbols are for energy cards only), but it's a thought. I hope there's enough space for all possible card names.
hmm ok i will make it similar to this...
and it will be possible to few the card summary screen from the card dex screen right?
if yes the card icons are unnecessary because you can see the card types in the card summary...

Quote:
That's a huge mass of information there. I notice it just has the one pocket for cards, and displays the deck in a separate tab. That's why the filters are so important in the Yu-Gi-Oh! game: all the cards are shown at once, and only 4 are visible at a time. My game will separate owned cards into pockets (and show more cards at once), which drastically reduces the huge card lists. Large lists will still be a problem, but not as soon (for example, having all cards from Base Set, Jungle and Fossil make the biggest pocket the Grass Pokémon one, with 40-odd cards, which isn't that big considering). Basically, I'm trying to ignore the issue.
actually the 1873 cards shown in the screen are the cards i own...
the cards i dont own arent shown there...
but i understand what you mean...
if more cards are shown at once and there are less cards there is no need for that many filters right?
you are right...
this is an issue that can be talked about after it becomes a problem because it will take some time until then...

Quote:
One of the things to decide upon when designing the Library is which pockets to have. I've just been assuming one per Pokémon card element plus the others (see my sketch). There may be alternatives.
i will most likely add alternatives and remove them if you dont like them...

Quote:
Another thing to remember is that the player will be using the keyboard. This will affect the design. Remember also that, if possible, the game should fit a screen size of 256x192.
the usage of the keyboard i have always in mind...
what wonders me is the screen size...
the essentials screen is 512x384 right?
i know it uses double size graphics but i didnt thought it have to use them...
is it possible to show an image with the size of 276x380 (max. card size that would fit without changing card proportions) completely in the current essentials screen?
or does it need to be half the size so the game can double it (which includes much quality loss) to show it completely?
hope i could explain what i mean...

Quote:
It'd be easier if there were no effects in the game.
i dont know much about scripting but if the effects are that annoying just make a working version without effects and add the effects one after another...
changing existing effects to fit with the newly added effect is maybe easier than making many effects at the same time so that they will work together...