View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2012 (1:45 PM).
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
There was nothing that didn't make sense. I guess the first movie is wrong then? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they said that Mew is the ancestor of Pokemon and they created Mewtwo with it's DNA so that means it has DNA of other Pokemon as well. I still think Mew created Arceus regardless of what you or anyone else says, and I think Arceus created the universe. Mew's purpose was to create Pokemon and it did, it created Arceus to create the universe. Then the 3 main legendary's in Gen IV were created with the universe for some reason which I do not know. Once Arceus was done creating the universe Mew then proceeded to create Pokemon. When I said it sends a signal to Mew saying what the next Pokemon's gonna do I didn't literally mean it sent a signal. Mew created the Pokemon so I'm pretty sure Mew knows everything about that Pokemon whethere it be Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Zapdos, Dragonite, etc, Mew knows it's strengths and weaknesses, moves, gender, everything; because he created them. That's what I think.
First of all lets be clear on whats canon.

The people who actually design the pokemon themselves (and hence their backstories and concepts), have nothing to do with the anime/movies, those are simply made from whatever material the games introduce. So they might make up loads of stuff on their own when they want to.

Mew is considered the ancestor (just a theory, based on assumptions about facts), because it can learn all TMs.
How would they even have found out it has DNA of all pokemon if that were the case? Would scientists have located everything including Arceus and taken samples for the sake of this theory? Not to mention Arceus was nowhere near Kanto or even documented yet, when these discoveries about Mew were made.