View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2012 (09:17 AM).
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

Before it started airing I heard lots of good stuff about the novel and looked really forward to the show. But then everybody started bashing the series and calling it bad. Well, I ignored them, as haters sometimes tend to nitpick about every little thing (yet ignore those little things for their favorite show).

I watched the first two episodes. I must say that I was hooked. They were really great and showed lots of potential, and since it reminded me a lot of .hack//, I looked forward to the rest of it. Sadly, as of episode 3, the show turned into a harem and episodes focused on showing how badass Kirito/Jesus is. Okay, episode three played a huge role in Kirito's character, but episode 4-7 were just fillers. The episode with that loli served only as loli fanservice and once again they showed off how badass Kirito/Jesus is. I mean, come on "You can only do 400 damage per 11 seconds, but I can regenerate 600 health per 11 seconds" (don't remember exact numbers) was just ridiculous. Also those mystery episode were really boring. They did serve as Kirito and Asuna's development, but they dragged it too much. Same goes with Kirito's quest for his new sword. Once again they showed off how badass he is and Blacksmith girl started spouting nonsense. I was happy when I heard that they are going back to the story, and it improved a bit in episode 8th, but the show just kept showing off how badass Kirito is and making him do the impossible. Episodes 11 and 12 were the lowest bottom for me, especially the second episode. Thankfully
Spoiler:
the arc will end soon and I hope the show improves a lot in ALO

I don't know if the show is bad or maybe I'm just too old for this.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles