Thread: [Tool] Spiky's DS Map Editor
View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2012 (08:35 AM).

Quote originally posted by PokémonShinySilver:
To extract the layout model of the map, you will need a hex editor. First of all... open up your hex editor, go to File > New, then File > Open and open the map file that you want to extract the layout model of the map from. Then after that... select the bytes from where it says "BMD0" in the text view all the way down to the byte next to where it says "BDHC". But if it doesn't have "BDHC" anywhere in the map file, keep a lookout for any text that has some Euro cent signs on it, if you see it... look for the "20 00 20" bytes in the hexadecimal area, as they indicate the header for the next area. After you've done that... copy and paste it onto the new blank file you made earlier.

I hope that helps, I'm sure it will help you with any future model extracting from ROMs.
Thanks! But Spiky already helped me out, it turned out HGSS maps exported by the program were bugged, and it would be fixed in the new release. But I'm sure this'll be useful if I ever try out BW/B2W2 (or any other game for that matter) maps, or to anyone else who wants to