View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2012, 08:24 PM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPD490 View Post
Wow, I just realized how much more harder it is for me to get one script down, when I was able to do 3-4 types of scripts for FireRed. Anyway I just wanna be able to do a test script for within the Safari Zone, if you saw in the Skeetendo Forum, I posted a pic of a redesigned version of the unused Safari Zone and I wouldn't put anything special in it, just a place you can visit, as well as catch Pokemon in the back, kinda of like the National Park, only this one is in Kanto and is much smaller XD

Anyway if I wanna be able to get more event data to work within there, would I wanna repoint the Map Event Data to maybe the National Park's since the Safari Zone uses the tiles and block data from the National Park. Because really learning how to repoint data is pretty much the barrier thats in my way before I can get into scripting. XD
You could check out a pointer tutorial I've written and yes, to make Safari Zone actually like a playable map, you'll have to repoint event data to blank space (00 00 00...) and write your own events there and have their script pointers point to blank space in the same rom bank and fill the wanted scripts in there. It's not that complicated once you get used to it.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations