Thread: Research/Survey: Game Boy Player for FireRed
View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichterSnipes View Post
Sorry in advance for resurrecting this thread.

I have two questions about alternate playable tracks, particularly in conjunction with this GB Player patch that I'm using in my hack. They're very different, so it might take more brainpower to get them answered properly.

DISCLAIMER: I really don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to assembly code. All I can do is assemble it and insert it, along with change a few pointers within it.
  1. Is there a way that this ASM code (for the alternate playlist) can be combined with the ASM code seen in this thread (situational alternate tracks)? Both sets of code change data at offset 0x1DD0F6(8) for different purposes, making them impossible to use in conjunction in their current state. Would it be as simple as repointing a few areas of data to make one routine refer to the other, or would the procedure be more complex?
Technically, if you called the variable music switcher first, then called mine, it would work, but there's more to it than that since mines relies on specific code changes at positions in the ROM which would conflict with the variable switcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichterSnipes View Post
  1. I've found that I can't simply use Sappy to make alternate songs for a few tunes. For example, if I try to insert the 8-bit version of the Level-Up/Move Learned/Item Found/TM Obtained/pretty-much-everything-in-the-universe jingle (for FR/LG), things will seem to work alright...at first. However, once a Pokémon learns a move at level up, the jingle doesn't replay; there's only silence. It's even worse for the slot machine jingles, where they just won't play regardless of what I do. Any insight on this?
I inserted jingles and they worked fine. So that's odd.