View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Bilaterus
ToBe Best Spriter ;)

Nature: Naive
I’m sure you’ll be glad to see this image after your hours of toil,

Spoiler:

Let me explain here what I did and what you need to do, and then I guess I’ll put it in the first post too;

Firstly make sure the image in .PNG, when I first downloaded it it was .JPEG.
Also make sure before starting these steps that the image is already sized (less than 256px and both dimensions divisible by 8).

Next open the image with IrfanView and decrease the colours to 256.
Go to Image>Pallette>Edit Pallette and change the first colour (usually a dark colour) to a colour not obviously present in the background (like red in this case).

Spoiler:

Now take that image onto Paint, and use the colour pick tool (pipette) and left click the alt colour (red or whatever, I’m not going to keep saying it), and using the colour pick tool again right click on a colour that is similar to the dark colour (the one we changed with alt colour at the beginning).
Now select the rubber tool and paint over the red by holding down right click and going over the entire alt colour areas. If done correctly only the alt colour will be changed. Do this to the whole image and then put an alt colour square in the top left hand corner or anywhere where you can replace it on NTME.

Spoiler:

Take this newly coloured in image onto IrfanView and decrease the colours to 16.
If you go onto Image>Pallette>Edit Pallette you’ll notice the alt colour has skipped down the line again.
This time note down the RGB (Red Green Blue) values of the alt colour and first colour. Then switch them.

Spoiler:

Go onto Paint and using the rubber and colour pick tool trick replace the colours again. (Now that I’m writing this I’m sure this method can be refined…)

Spoiler:

There you go! Your image now should work if you follow the tutorial from the ‘Putting it on to the ROM’ section.

Hope this helps! Of course me being nosey as usual let me know if it works and if this explanation is clear enough!

My (small) site offers help on all things Advance Mapping!
http://advancedfreak.webs.com/

Visit my youtube channel too and check out my tutorials on all things (you guessed it!) Advance Mapping!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AdvancedMapFreak