View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2012 (6:31 PM).
Spheal Hacking Administrator
Nature: Careful
With all of that in mind, how would you define love? (this is quite broad, but it's a good way to get the mental struggle started!)
I've never been in love, but I imagine it's similar to the feelings you get when you see your waiter arriving with your food.

I define love as the betterment/happiness/presence of mind you feel when seeing/talking to/being with someone/something you 'love' that pervades your mind and supersedes nearly everything else.

I don't believe romance is related to love, or necessary for it at all.

Can anyone define love any way they would like to ?

Can anyone define love incorrectly? (i.e. pedophilia)
When people confuse romance with love, when what they love is the idea they have built up in their head as a relationship instead of the person beside them. Hollywood has exacerbated this issue a bit.

Why are some people wrong?
I think those people are wrong because they are disillusioned into believing that love is truly defined and their soulmate is someone who meets those standards.

Does love involve two people? Does love involve certain genders/sexes?
Not entirely, only ones self is required for that love to be. I believe it encompasses everything. If it exists, it can be loved even if it's not real. There are no set combinations of people, no set standards, it just is.

(omg if you're just talking about love between people I'm so sorry)

Why do we seek love?
Adults are a mess of sadness and phobias, and love has a great way of purging all of that. I think it's the best way to give meaning to our otherwise meaningless and pointless lives.

ヽ(●゚´Д`゚●)ノ゚ I really suck at squeezing my thoughts and opinions into definite answers so I'm sure this might not be what you're looking for. o (◡‿◡✿)

The movie 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' helped shape my opinion on what love is. After Clementine erases Joel from her memory she feels scared and empty as if confronted with some truth about our lives. She explains that being with her is "not a concept, she's just looking for her own peace of mind". When she's with Patrick, who tries very hard to be romantic, her mind is not anywhere close to peace..therefore shes not in love. Her and Joels relationship doesn't work perfectly because she hates boring couples, and the idea of being one, but she still loves him very much. Her idea of what romance should be got in the way, and with her impulsiveness, she decided to end it. A decision she would soon regret when she is devoid of genuine love.
Mod of Trade Corner| Pair | Trainer Information

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud