Thread: Suggestion: Reputation System
View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2012 (9:28 AM).
Heavily against this. I'd be concerned that rep would be accumulated through popularity rather than through actual post content - that groups of friends would simply +rep each other. And I have no doubt that prejudice will come into play and high-repped users will automatically be listened to more than low-repped ones. I don't really like the idea of a forum where who is listened to is determined on the size and activity of their friend group rather than the quality of their posts. I also really don't like the idea of more or less "ranking" members and feel that people should decide on what they think is a good or a bad poster without being biased via some rep system.

I do, however, agree with the idea that post comments are underused; while I never had an issue with finding them, it seems that some people certainly do, and as such we should find a way to make them more visible. That said I can't really think of a way of doing that without simply using them more... maybe if the "Post Comment" button was moved and placed next to the "Quote", "Edit", etc. buttons? I think that might help a bit.
Yes, I'm really Stunfisk.