View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2012 (5:43 AM).
silhouette of the past
Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by rsm98:
Hey everyone, I haven't been on Pokecommunity in quite a while, (3-4 years!) and I just wanted to see if I could still make sprites and stuff. So here they are.

Ash Ketchum (If he was 7 years old)
Attachment 66243
A Fusion of Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Pidgeotto and Dusclops
Attachment 66244
A Fusion of Voltorb and Staryu
Attachment 66245
And Finally a Fusion of Onix and Weedle
Attachment 66246
I know they aren't that good but, come on, the last time I tried anything like this I was 10 or 11 and I haven't tried anything like it since.
Hmm.... I like the Weedle and Onix one a lot, and the rest aren't too bad, but could improve.
Starting with the Ash one. Firstly, everything seems a bit disproportionate in comparison to normal sprites. Second, the arm sleeves seem to just fade into the arm. Also, the sleeves should be a couple pixels or so wider so it doesn't look like he's wearing spandex.Third, you need to improve your shading a bit. The pallette could be better too, if you really wanted to get nitpicky.

Now for the first fusion. I don't have any complaints here, other than the fact that the head seems kinda rushed. Try to splice them a bit better, because at the moment it doesn't really flow.

The next one looks good too, but on one of the fins there appears to be a rather big black line connecting to the body on the lower left.

I know that's a lot of stuff, but don't get too down on yourself. Keep it up and these sprites will improve.
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.