View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2012 (7:31 AM).
Gold Tier
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by Live in Color:
Looking for help with a Keldeo set, specifically the Resolute Form. I just got the event from EB games and would like to get a decent nature, IVs, etc. so I can build one into a competitive team eventually. I had two sets in mind, a bulkier somewhat similar to Suicune build, or a quick Sp. Atker.

What I had in mind:

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def, 252 HP, 4 Speed
-Calm Mind
-Secret Sword
-Hidden Power [Ice/Fire/Electric]

Not too sure on the Hidden Power really, I want to utilize Keldeo's amazing special attack and it's decent defenses, but it has really no other decent special attacks.

Another build I had in mind would just be an all out Sp. Atker:

Keldeo @ Life Orb/(Not too sure on the item)
Evs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Secret Sword
-Hidden Power [Ice/Fire/Electric]

Not really sure on the last move either :/ really need some help with this, Keldeo's one of my favourite Pokemon now and I'd love to implement him into a team.
While a bulky spread seems tempting to use on Keldeo, it's not worth it because Keldeo really likes using its base 108 Speed to outspeed as much as it can. It also likes to hit opponents before being hit itself. Even if its defenses are uninvested, it can still take a neutral hit or two. Suicune still does bulky CM better because of its naturally higher defenses:
-Calm Mind
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Secret Sword
-Hidden Power (Ghost/Ice)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers

If you want to stick with the bulky spread, use HP Ghost or Ice to give Keldeo a chance to hit Jellicent and Ghost + Fighting is unresisted, while HP Ice gives Keldeo a way to hit Dragonite and Salamence. Both HP types also hit Lati@s supereffectively. Ferrothorn, Forretress and Scizor are hit hard enough already by Secret Sword and Hydro Pump/Surf respectively.

IMO, Choice Specs is the way to go with a 4-attacks Keldeo to make it hit harder off the bat. Hydro Pump is preferred as Keldeo's main STAB move. The last move can go to Icy Wind to hit Dragonite, Salamence and Lati@s on the switch, while slowing them down at the same time or Surf for a more reliable Water STAB. Use HP Ghost/Ice for the reasons I explained above, though you may not want to use HP Ice with Icy Wind.