View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2012 (01:50 AM).
Cofagrigus

England's minimum wage is pretty sucky next to some of you guys'. Fortunately though any job I've had in recent years has been above it anyway so it doesn't bother me too much but still... damn. My heart flipped over when I realised how much more I could be making if I worked in Australia with your giant minimum wage. @_@

Quote originally posted by Morkula:
Yeah, Australian minimum wage is ridiculous, especially compared to the US. Our minimum wage ($7.25) is really low in comparison to a lot of other countries.
That's pretty bad even by English standards - our minimum wage for 21 year olds translates to almost $10.

Quote originally posted by direct.gov.uk:
There are different levels of NMW, depending on your age and whether you are an apprentice. The current rates (from 1 October 2012) are:
• £6.19 - the main rate for workers aged 21 and over
• £4.98 - the 18-20 rate
• £3.68 - the 16-17 rate for workers above school leaving age but under 18
• £2.65 - the apprentice rate, for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over and in the first year of their apprenticeship
If you are of compulsory school age you are not entitled to the NMW. Some of your other employment rights are also different.
Past NMW rates can be viewed on the Low Pay Commission website.
Apprentice rates are pretty awful though. As is more or less anything under 21 years of age.

Quote originally posted by Abbadon:
england country is best country stfu with your fact-based opinions and well thought-out arguments i win anyways
how to win all arguments in this section ever