View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Eeveemaster9
Years of Lies

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveemaster9
I don't know how difficult this is to answer, guys. I live in Canada and I know that:

Religious activity is ONLY illegal within the schooling system when the teachers or board set a specific religious activity into a public setting (Example, the teacher having the students read the bible during an english, social studies, art class, or having everyone "Draw Down the Moon" before class begins)

Religious activity is okay, when it is not being forced upon/is optional, and does not disrupt the learning environment. A student may pray quietly before a test, but they may not say their prayer aloud (Thus disrupting others).

At my Catholic School, you are able to fill in a form every year where you have the option to state your religious path. If it is not Catholic, they allow you to not participate in Catholic Mass every month, and instead go to the Commons for a similiar, more religion-to-religion mass (Paganism, Buddhism, ect). This is a public school, and with this setup, they are abidding by the laws of Canada.
"Your plans will fail, my sweet lady. And when they do, your stories will be nothing but lies, your rebellion will be in vain, and war will rage for years until you are but a speck of dust." - Noh
"The lies of your world will be exposed. My rebellion will rein over your realm, and no longer will this time be plagued by war." - ???