View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Patchisou Yutohru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntwinedSilence View Post
Oh my god, I almost always agree with Audy, but oh well!

Basically, this.

A big percentage of the member base here belongs to the anime fandom, and Pokemon itself is an anime and manga too, and while the Pokemon side of things have their own area - the point is PC targets and draws in a lot of anime fans. I'm one of them, and I'm not sure about others, but I've always liked that JE was separate from GE. I want my anime with my anime, and I don't want to scroll through pages of GE threads to find JE topics. Likewise, plenty of GE goers probably feel like anime should stay the heck out of their area if they dislike it.
Not even surprised this argument is withstanding for Japanese Entertainment when it faltered with other forums and prospective/suggested forums for so long.

Pokémon may draw a lot of anime fans, but most of those anime fans don't post in Japanese Entertainment, which is my point. I'm not denying that people here are fans of it. I'm simply stating that them simply being fans of it isn't enough of a reason to overlook the ongoing lack of activity and ignore the fact that these people don't post in the forum.

"Likewise, plenty of GE goers probably feel like anime should stay the heck out of their area if they dislike it." Plenty of people on Other Chat & Discussion want to not see political threads there, but they manage just fine. That doesn't seem like a very good argument when that can apply to literally every single forum here in one way or another for ~plenty of people~. Just putting that out there.

Last edited by Patchisou Yutohru; October 9th, 2012 at 08:33 PM.