View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2012 (8:47 PM).
Hourai NEET
Quote originally posted by Patchisou Yutohru:
That... makes a lot more sense then the people who say things like "the culture in the two forums are different!!!" So thank you for giving an example on how exactly they're different, because I am definitely someone who can relate to the example that you gave. But considering I'm someone who relates to the "riajuus" and I'm suggesting a merge, I'm not sure of the effectiveness of that, because to me, logically, it makes the most sense to keep the TV shows of any kinds, reading materials of any kind, music of any kind together.

Also, to the people suggesting to merge other forums with General Entertainment seem to be neglecting the fact that General Entertainment and Japense Entertainment, although their cultures are different, are still forums with the same orientation and basis for existing, where Video Games and Toptable Games exist for entirely different purposes; one is for video games, and the other is for card games, which aren't similar in any other way than being forums of entertainment (which is why they're in the entertainment category).
The problem, however, is the scare factor that comes with it. For something with a wide enough range of topics, what'll usually happen is a sort of "Majority Rules" effect, in which the side with more threads will effectively wipe out the minority, making outside people assume that the section isn't about what they're trying to post, and effectively scaring them away, which is a lot more prominent when regarding conflicting cultures. Examples include how there's little to no individual series discussion in JE and little to no nerdism in GE.

Partner in crime and fellow singbot: the devilicious iruchii