Thread: [Demo] Pokemon Indigo League
View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Krazy_Meerkat
Thanks Anglican :) I know what you mean about the skewy-ness, it was very hard for me to sprite the bike but rest assured, the angle is correct according to the math.. When I was testing the bike, it looked weird to ride normally (90 and 180 degree turns) so when I gave the bike 8 directions, it just looked even weirder (45, 90, 135 and 180 degree turns).. But after a while of riding, it's not so bad.. It looks better if you ride in arcs of a circle..

In actual news, I've finished spriting the windmill blades for oak's lab. I made a start on the movement system, which is going to be simple pixel-movement script with 8 directions.. It's bugging out a little when the camera is rotated to a 45 degree offset but I'm working on it.. If I can't find an FPS-effective solution, I might only make 4 camera viewpoints (N,S,E,W) and I'll add a "swaying" effect to the camera when the player walks, just to give the game that 3d feeling..

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.