Thread: [Demo] Pokemon Indigo League
View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2012 (12:24 AM).
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Krazy_Meerkat
Thanks Anglican :) I know what you mean about the skewy-ness, it was very hard for me to sprite the bike but rest assured, the angle is correct according to the math.. When I was testing the bike, it looked weird to ride normally (90 and 180 degree turns) so when I gave the bike 8 directions, it just looked even weirder (45, 90, 135 and 180 degree turns).. But after a while of riding, it's not so bad.. It looks better if you ride in arcs of a circle..

In actual news, I've finished spriting the windmill blades for oak's lab. I made a start on the movement system, which is going to be simple pixel-movement script with 8 directions.. It's bugging out a little when the camera is rotated to a 45 degree offset but I'm working on it.. If I can't find an FPS-effective solution, I might only make 4 camera viewpoints (N,S,E,W) and I'll add a "swaying" effect to the camera when the player walks, just to give the game that 3d feeling..

Pokemon Indigo League is a re-creation of the original Pokemon TV series in game form