• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3D Pokemon Holograms?

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
So the other day I was thinking what if someone created 3D pokemon holograms so that we can battle with other people using "real" pokemon then I started really looking at the technology today and thought hm that seems very possible so what I'm asking is how would we go about this? Would we have pokemon league? How would the holograms work? and just questions like that I know this seems very far fetched but hypothetically what would be some ideas that you would like seen? I'm curious to see what your idea are! Haha :)

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2018
You mean, like in Yu-Gi-Oh? That would be awesome! I think they could use a similar technology of the AR cards. People could wear visors with a mic to see the Pokémon and control them with voice commands.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
This probably won't be able to happen for another 4-5 years. It would take a lot of development to create duel-discs or something similar for such a purpose.

An idea I have had before is to have a hologram image displayed on a football field of a game being played elsewhere, with projectors on the corners and on every ten-yard mark to display the images of the players - that way, the away team could still have a home crowd watching, and they could still make money off of it. If such a thing can be developed for American Football OR International Football, then it most certainly can be put to use for things like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, though the latter... is pretty much dead.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
You mean, like in Yu-Gi-Oh? That would be awesome! I think they could use a similar technology of the AR cards. People could wear visors with a mic to see the Pokémon and control them with voice commands.

AR you mean like the Duel Gazer in Zexal? anywho... it'll be cool if we actually had that technology, just think maybe life will come to the point where we solve our problems with Pokemon battling...or not.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
Hey guys sorry for not responding in a long time I've been busy with finals and what not but I mean what if they somehow created like stadiums where people can go fight their pokemon together also I was thinking how would a system like that potentially work? Any input?

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Super-advanced holograms created for the sole purpose of enriching the experience of a children's game?

Count me in!

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
I've been thinking about this for years. And it always excited me. A virtual reality helmet is what always occurred to me, so rather than pokemon being in real life, you go into pokemon.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I feel like if we had hologram technology perfected it would be used by the government first, before being used for entertainment.

Back