View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2012 (11:32 AM).

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by GolurkIsDaBomb:
I love the Walking Dead! It comes back today, yay! I've seen both seasons, and I preferred season 1 because it was more adventure-y/intense, but season two was great for character building. Also, i kind of knew what was going to happen in season 2, so that may have spoiled it for me a little. Recently, I've read the first 10 issues or something like that of the comic, and I have to say I prefer the show. The show is just so much more in depth and intense, where as the comic is really fast-paced with lesser character development. (I feel)

What I like about it is not so much the zombies, but more how the characters who were just everyday people, react to the apocalypse setting they've been thrown into. They're all really interesting, and it's really sad when a character dies. (unless it's someone I really dislike like
Spoiler:
Shane. As evil as it is, I want Carl to die/be out of the picture. His antics are INCREDIBLY annoying, my god! And I'm okay if Lori is gone for a little. She acts like she's always in the right, and she hardly ever is. Grrrr.) Also, is anyone else really excited for Michonne? She seems SUPER COOL!!!
Spoiler:
Shane's death was the best thing I could have asked for in this show. He was okay up until the point he killed Earl (?) that he began becoming all delusional. Granted, guilt might have overpowered him, but regardless he took it too far with his I-protected-Lori-and-Carl-so-I-should-be-with-them BS.

Now, Dale's death made me a little sad. His presence in the show brought equilibrium and reason within the group and Rick and Andrea especially were affected by his approach to situations (like when they wanted to kill the kid they found in town). I just hoped Rick and co. could have made amends with him and resolved their issue before he died so horribly. I sill blame Carl for trying to act tough and tease the walker.

Daryl is easily my favorite character. I am rooting for him to survive this. As for the others, I don't really care about them. Carl is just your typical annoying kid, Lori just can't make up her mind, Rick's leadership will seemingly come into question every time he proposes a solution or whatever (although I can sympathize and reason with his decisions; the group just seems too confused to deal with decisions), T-Dog is just..there for the sake of being there, Glenn and Maggie are okay, and I kind of forgot about the others, lol.