Thread: Community Day
View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2012, 12:23 PM
wolf

So...I'd say that's easily the best Community Night we've had before. CN6 was much more active and more enjoyable than any of the last ones. We still have a lot of room for improvement, but this CN was definitely a success. Just saying, we peaked at around 20 or more members last night, which is likely the most we ever had online at once (especially for the newer version of the PC Battle Server).

Anyway, in the next CN the tournaments could be spanned out throughout the day better. Because CN now lasts an entire day (much better than the 3-5 hour restriction), we can assign times to when each tournament starts. Judging from yesterday, each tournament took from 1 to 2 hours to complete, depending on if it was a "best out of three" tour and if everyone was prepared. And next time I'm going to use Challonge entirely without the use of a thread.

Also, only in the late evening did we have time to do either the intro to battling and CCAT (but we ended up not doing either), so I think Community Night should stick to tournaments and a few minor events. Then again, that was from my point of view, and I was hosting CN and all of its tournaments at the time.

We agreed unofficially that the next CN should happen around the same week as Halloween, and we could host some Halloween themed tournaments at that time. If you guys have any feedback, feel free to post.