View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2012 (12:34 PM).
Too Legit To Quit
Nature: Naughty
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
Okay, let's approach it from this way - outer space is something that's been accepted by everyone. Millions upon millions of scientists that have been learning more and more about the planets, stars, galaxies out there, sending out probes, pouring billions of dollars a year into this kind of research. It's so widespread that Googling "outer space doesn't exist" doesn't come up with even half-reputable sources in all the pages I searched for it (for the record I went 5 pages deep). The world is critical and loves a scandal; take the global warming numbers that were fudged and how the news was all over it.

What's the motive for the millions of people across centuries of time all reporting the same thing, no people debunking it, no one disagreeing with it? Why would they do that? Why not just tell the truth, if it didn't exist?

In addition, your complete dismissal of all science should be logically followed by a replacement with your own beliefs. While it may be "simpler" for you to just do some hand-waving and say "God did it with magic!", it's not the sign of an intelligent, educated person to not attempt to understand the world around them.
Not everyone believes in space. And even if they did, a few hundred years ago everyone believed the world was flat. Just because no one else thinks something doesnt make it untrue. And I dont completely dismiss all science. And who are you to say what the sign of an intelligent educated person is? You put a unnecessary comma after intelligent! :o That doesnt seem like something an intelligent educated person would do. Also, I never claimed to be an intelligent educated person. Maybe Im just a stupid yokel who thinks space doesnt exist because no one ever taught me the "proper" way to think.

And droomph, how can you claim science is the one undeniable truth when only a tiny fraction of scientists believe there can be a God and claim to be a christian?