View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2012, 01:30 PM
AChipOffTheOldBrock
Too Legit To Quit

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
If you have no wish to make a real argument, stop arguing. The purpose of an argument is to present evidence and arrive at a truth; if you have no intention of arriving at a truth because you choose ignorance over knowledge, then no one here can help you. "Space doesn't exist" is a statement of fact. Even if you say it's a belief, you believe in an objective statement. Therefore, logic would dictate that you have a logical reason to think this. Logic would dictate since you're so secure in this claim, that you have done intellectual research and found mistakes in the research of the rest of the scientific community. Do you not believe in logic either, like the earth being round and water boiling?

The claim of fact you made is that there are people that do believe this. To say a claim like that, you have to back it up. Who are these "people" that you believe over the millions of scientists that think you're wrong? Why are they more reliable than the consensus of everyone else in the world?
I didnt say I wanted to have my belief proven wrong. I said I dont believe in Space. And in other posts I clarified that I dont believe in certain things about space not that I dont believe in empty space itself. And even if it is an "objective statement" I can believe it if I want to. You have no right to tell me I cant. Your a Richard Dawkins level dick. I never said there are other people that believe the same thing I do. I didnt base my beliefs on what someone told me. I just thought about it and came to a conclusion. I believe myself ove the millions of scientists that think Im wrong.