View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2012 (1:41 PM).
Spheal Hacking Administrator
Nature: Careful
Originally Posted by AChipOffTheOldBrock View Post

Somebody watch Mysteries of the Universe with Steven Hawking on Netflix and tell me all that makes sense. It is very far fetched and alot of it seemed baseless.

If you want to watch something about cosmology on Netflix I recommend Cosmos with Carl Sagan (Neil Degrasse Tyson is hosting an updated version which should be out in 1-2 years). Those Discovery/Nova programs featuring Stephen Hawking aren't really written well and aim to please with computer graphics rather than their facts. I tried watching them and their ability to convey the subject matter was poor at best. I felt bad for Mr. Hawking.

Also, the sun isn't an illusion. We feel its heat and we can draw solar power from it. The moon isn't an illusion, we feel its gravity and have what is called "tide". It can also physically block the sun's light and produce an eclipse. The northern lights aren't illusions either, they are due to collision of charged particles directed by the earths magnetic field. And we know magnetism isn't an illusion simply because if degaussing wasn't possible WW II probably would have went a bit differently.

And meteors must come from somewhere, I don't think clouds can defecate large rocks.
Mod of Trade Corner| Pair | Trainer Information

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud