View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2012 (03:53 PM).

Quote originally posted by Zayphora:
I agree with you, Snow on Mt Silver is definitely one of the most descriptive and believeable ones. Most of the Violet/Ava's are LAME. They are completely unrealistic... another good one to read is Loss of Purpose...that one is kind of depressing, though...but if you like Snow on Mt Silver you'll probably like it.

Alright, I was thinking about this recently, but WHY THE HECK ARE ALL THE CREEPYPASTAS ABOUT 1ST, 2ND, OR (rarely) 5TH GEN?! I mean, 4th and 3rd could use some love xP
I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Red, and the classic Lost Silver/Creepy Black/Glitchy Red/etc is pretty great, but I feel like 3rd through 5th gen gets frequently neglected. Seriously. I was thinking about the Internet's "profiles" of the Protags based on Creepypastas and the like, and this is what I came up with-

Red- Often portrayed as a deadly silent demon child who preys on Gold and other characters; also, typically, if a character is going to go sentient in a game, it's him. Sometimes is simply the unfortunate hero. TONS of fanart.

Gold- Typically "that kid from Lost Silver who got his arms ripped off" or the prey of another Ghost, Red, etc.

Kris, Lyra, Leaf- Barely used except sometimes as Ghost bait or a protag.

Brendan, May, Lucas, and Dawn--nothing. NOTHING.

Hilbert, aka Black- Rarely seen unless he's the hero. His other personality is also rarely featured, even though he attracts plenty of fanart.

Hilda, aka White- Even less featured, but will occasionally make a cameo.

What the heck?!
If you look back on it though, the older gens had more to branch off from. The old dark pixels always provided an eerie look on things. Looking to Gen 3, most of the region, and the game itself, is more of a happier vibe. In Gen 4, besides Cyrus, everything, again, was more cheerful. Gen 5 brought a darker storyline, along with some creepier tales that allowed them to be made into creepypastas. Gen 1 and 2 will always have Red, and Gold often is seen as a victim. (I mean seriously, even in the hack I'm making, Gold dies, but shhhhhh thats spoiler. )