Pokemon Survival Challenge (T)
View Single Post
October 17th, 2012 (6:32 AM).
NO EXTRA I IN GIMME
A group of trainers get a mysterious invitation to the remote Superess island by an anonymous source for a large-scale tournament. The trainers arrive at the islands small dock aboard a ship that abruptly leaves and are greeted by a masked man in a white suit and several other masked people in hooded black cloaks. The man informs them that he is the one who is funding the tournament and that it has some unique rules. He tells the crowd that no technology is on the island except for in his own home and that none of it will be available to the competitors. This does include PCs so the team you arrive with is all you have. He continues to say that the length of the tournament is indefinite and that nobody will be permitted to leave until there is a winner. The final thing he tells the trainers is that they will not just be competing to win but to retain ownership of their pokemon. Any pokemon that faints will be captured by special pokeballs and taken to a lock-up away from their trainers. Further more any trainer who has no team will be eliminated from the competition (and although this is not stated, mysteriously disappear). To compensate this he will allow the capture of wild pokemon to revitalise a trainers lacking team. The masked man gives the trainers twenty-four hours to prepare and reminds them there is no way for them to leave as even their most powerful pokemon could not make the distance to civilisation.
1. All forum rules apply
2. Game play begins the day after the arrival of all the trainers
3. You may begin with 1-6 pokemon
4. Levels do not exist
5. Each pokemon in a team must have a list of four moves and an ability
6. Pokemon strengths and weaknesses must be fairly realistic but in a way that does give newly caught pokemon a chance
7. If you are careless and forget to beef up your team and end up losing your last pokemon by GM decision in a battle that is your own fault but you may start again with a new character if you are given permission.
8. New characters may be introduced into gameplay after the game has begun but it must be assumed they have been on the island the whole time. Permission needed.
9. The creation and use of NPCs is mostly up to you but your decisions must be fair. NPCs are always minor characters unless a GM states otherwise
10. You may decide to form a small team with other characters (ask before including NPCs).
11. You may set up a base of operations for yourself, group or team. These bases can be found by NPCs and Players especially if they are not moved often. Small groups may remain mobile but a team of 4 or more must have a base.
12. NPC characters must be considered powerful. ESPECIALLY the major antagonist.
13. Not all wild pokemon caught will be strong. You as players have the responsibly to not over power your teams.
14. Character and pokemon development is expected.
15. You may play as an anime or game character but only if you contact a GM. Similarly you may take the role of an NPC with GM permission.
16. Be respectful and try to have fun. If there is a problem contact a GM.
The island is rounded with beaches at the edge, grasslands/rocky plains/forests further in and mountains in the centre. The main base of the evil trainers in below the mountains but your characters can't discover that until they have received decent character development and permission from the GM.
If agreed to by another player or players you may form a small group or team. You generally start neutral with people unless you know each other before the events of the island in which a different relationship will be allowed.
Friends: Usually travel together and will not battle against each other unless they have no choice. Friends may have arguments and fall-out
Rivals: Rivals are competitive with each other. Which in this situation is bound to cause problems. Rivals are generally not friendly but have a respect for the other person.
Enemies: Enemies will do what ever they can to eliminate one another. They dislike each other to extremes. All evil NPC characters and evil players are to be automatically treated as enemies.
Relationships: Trainers may enter into relationships with one another if agreed upon if they are friends or neutral. Exceptions for rivals may be made.
For any information about the characters or pokemon available or anything OOC please use the OOC thread.
Have fun! :D
Friends for Infinity
Foxrally, Lokiepie & Crunch Punch
"I don't need a quote. I need pie."
Art by the amazing
Joined May 2012
GP, Gimme, Pie, Daniel
View Public Profile
Send a private message to gimmepie
Find all posts by gimmepie
Find threads started by gimmepie
Ignore Posts by gimmepie