View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2012, 07:28 AM
93Aiwass
Getting Back into Pokemon

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Being British I obviously am not as up to date as some on the US election, but due to my general interest in politics and surplus free time in school earlier I watched through the full second debate.

Now I'm well aware Romney has made more than a few blunders during his campaign, but based on my limited knowledge of the general situation and the evidence of this debate I think I'm more partial to him at this point. Maybe I'm just a bit obsessed with budgets being balanced, but it seems very important to me the deficit caused during the Obama adminstration compared with Romney's previous displayed ability at balancing budgets as a governor. It's a shame that he would prefer to keep his nation in the dark on his tax plan because it could be the key point that swings the election his way, but maybe that's just how US politics is meant to go.

Feel free to correct me on all mistakes I have managed to make there, as I say I'm not from the US and therefore no expert on their politics.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Here's where you got it wrong - it's not Obama's tax plan that caused the deficit, it's Bush's. The fact of the matter is that Obama hasn't had the courage to stand up and work to revoke the Bush-era tax cuts on the rich and actually renewed them, thus making sure the deficit would get bigger.

The sad truth is that we do need to raise taxes in order to help pay down the deficit and repair the economy. I think we should start by revoking the Bush era tax cuts and then work our way from there. After all, when the rich were paying their fair share... we built the Interstate system - one of this country's most ambitious public works projects.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Some explanation on terms: Do what... & Love is... | 93 | Aiwass | Holy Guardian Angel
Getting back into Pokemon after 5 years of being out of it... this is going to be a hard learning curve...
Here is what I look like, in case you were curious.
Babalon is my mother, and she loves me.
I'm an initiate of a secret society... Hmm, do secret societies have websites?