• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What did you name yourself,your rival and your pokemon?Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
I named myself Luke because it kinda derives from the word 'Lunar'. My brother named himself Sunny which derives from the sun. We're playing together so we thought it would be cool to have similar name themes.

We kept the rival as Hugh because my brother and I coincidentally named our first model rocket Hugh XD

gangsta bling

blingful gangster
Years
i named me/my char SAFARI 'cuz thats my naaaame~
my rival is called billy bcz well he was this one bully who ALWAYS bullied me ughhhh
and i dont nickname my pokemon, soz >_>

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
I named me chara Suffering, because I'm so deep and nothing ever goes my way FGS
I named my rival Sasuke cuz he's so hot
And my starter Derp. Because derp.

Years
me @ Jockey, because it my DW "name"
rival @ Hugh (W2), because of convenient laziness; Weirdo (B2), because
pokemon @ Coil O'Pu (Magnemite, for GTS comic relief); Rosario (female Riolu/Lucario, Lucario bit dumb name IMO); Pickupup (Lillipup, why explain); Aquack (Ducklett); Borgnine (Golurk; Star Trek & GTA 3 vehicle); Coffing or Ankhurse (Cofagrigus, because the GTS)
B*Please (Defiant Braviary <3)

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
Named girl main character after myself (Laura)
Kept Hugh's default name
Called my Oshawott Revolver (silly 4chan thing involving naming the starters after MGS characters that started around B&W's time - Revolver Oshawott, Solid Snivy and Tepig Boss)
Called my Sewaddle Osh Kosh after the children's clothing company since the Pokedex description says fashion companies use them as mascots because of their cute leaf-clothes
Called my Lillipup Pooky after a terrier puppy I had when I was 5
Called my Darmanitan Darmy because I am unimaginative
Cally my Scraggy Duck King cuz he reminded me of that Fatal Fury character
Called my Haxorus Tuskany cuz it has tusks and it's a girl and Tusk sounds too manly. Plus it's a pun on Tuscany

Other random names from my game:
Trilby (Purrloin, named after the cat burglar from Yahtzee Croshaw's adventure game series) Casanosa (Swoobat, it's like Casanova with a nose), Bubblebutt (Azurill), Piderp and Psyderp (Pidove and Psyduck), Growlie (Growlithe), ARGH (Magby, took like 10 balls to catch. That's a lot of money, dang it!), Riley (Riolu), Dyna (female) and Mite (male) (Drilburs, also Super Mario RPG references), Killerquen (Vespiquen, punny name based on the Queen song "Killer Queen"), Hippy, Bancho and Guido (Panpour, Pansage and Pansear), Bambi (Deerling), Boobs (Castform), Colonel (Klink, I like Hogan's Heroes), Whoopi (Golbat), Goodyear (Drifblim), CANNONS (Remoraid, some old Nuzlocker reference)
...And then after Undella I kind of got burnt out on naming.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I named myself Brick(I recently restarted my silver where I named the guy Brick as well), and my opponent is Dork. Yes very mature I know :p

I use a mix of nicknames and English Pokémon names as I bought the German versions and I still have to get used to the German names which are a bit terrible at some points. (as usual.)
Has the doubnle effect of playing it like not having played unova before since I don't know the German names of the Pokés before :haha: can only guess them ;9

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
Me: Gigi (one of my nicknames)
Rival: Alex (after my best friend)

That actually turned out pretty cool because in real life, my friend Alex's sister is named Bianca, so at the beginning of the game it was Gigi and Alex going to find Bianca :P

Pokemon:
Boris (Emboar)
Oliver (Espeon)
Sandra (Flygon)
Basil (Sawsbuck)
Boo-Boo (Floatzel, named after my ferret)
Sparky (Galvantula)

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
I named my Character 'Beavis' I wanted Cornholio but it wouldn't fit (I like Beavis and Butthead), I was going to call my rival 'Butthead' but that wouldn't fit so I used his default name 'Hugh'

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
I named my character Yui, after a character from a story I was writing a while back. I named my rival Keiichi, who is Yui's older brother's rival. My female Snivy got named Shizu (completely random) just before our battle with the Elite Four. My Eevee was named Undine after I evolved her into Vaporeon. My female Banette was named Rea and my female Flygon was named Fey. I didn't nickname anyone else until post-game.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
I named my MC my own name, the rival I kept his name the same (Hugh), and I rarely nickname Pokemon.

Haunted Cupcake

Soul Resonance Technician
Years
Hey guys. on my first save of black 2 i named my guy Tommy. but this was too obvious so i am starting challenge mode now my guy is called Erghiez and i have named my rival Ryudo. i chose tepig this time as opposed to mijimaru.

i have not given him a nickname he doesnt need one yet.

i have named myself Ergheiz because on some mmorpg's i have played i am known by this name :D

on this run of my game i will try to have a different team set up like i usually do [see sig] but putting lucario in my team is way too tempting hahah he beat most of the game for me on my normal mode run xxx but i have an ADAMANT tepig now im so lucky he's got a decent nature.

i might put a bug pokemon in my team but not sure which one yet. ideally i want scizor adamant/technician hahaha.

o well im off to actually play my challenge mode. bianca just taught me how to catch pokemon ......[nintendo need to make this optional]

[off topic can a mod change my username to Ergheiz]

sentinel23

The Infamous Trainer In Unova
Years
me: Rryan (real name)
rival: rex (because my friends name means king too)
pokemon: oshawott (though i kinda traded it away to my white)
basically my new starter is a shinx
my party as follows(as of 10/20/2012)
Luxray lvl 44
Zoroark lvl 44
Golduck lvl 42
Drifblim lvl 36
Magmar lvl 40

Haunted Cupcake

Soul Resonance Technician
Years
haha in response to my previous post i wont be changing game modes haha if i wipe my save i wipe the key ...nintendo need to sort it out... not everyone has access to other pokemon players haha i'm googling wifi hotspots in swansea as we speak...i need my damn friend code hahah

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
I named my character Light, and named my rival Kira. I named all of my pokemon after my favorite Naruto characters. For example I named my Oshawott, Zabuza. Simply I chose these names because I love Death Note and Naruto, though I love almost all anime.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Black 2
Me: Ice (Self-Explanatory)
Rival: Jass (BECAUSE HUGH JASS, GET IT? HURRHURRHURR)

White 2
Me: Ice (Self-Explanatory)
Rival: Heugh (Title of this video)

Starter:
Oshawott: "Revolver" (Revolver Oshawott)
Tepig: "Bacon" (I love you PETA)
Snivy: "Experiment 01" (<3 PETA)

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Trainer Name: Jester (an altered version of my real name Jessie; I am male by the way.)
Rival Name: Kage ( he looks like someone who is named Kage.)
Team Names:
Oshawott: Aulis ( After a location in the Iliad learned about in out english class. Aulis is a location with Strong winds and Dangerous Tides.)

Trapinch (Initial name): Quicksand ( after its ability to create sand pit traps.)

Trapinch (Current name): Lahar (a very destructive mud flow caused by volcanic ash and river water mixing.)

Volcarona: Helios (after Greek name of sun.)

Mienshao: Kaiser (ran out of names to think up. I dont know what it means.)

two other members are pre-named and traded, so i wont include them here.

EDIT: One more member is added

Archen: Pteryx (after Archeopteryx, real world first bird.)

Last edited:
Years
Player: MTS
Rival: Sam

I named myself MTS, as a shortened version of MrTripStack, which is my typical gaming name. I named the rival Sam after my cousin that I've been playing through the game with (his rival is named MTS).

I also have two HM slaves, Tangrowth and Jellicent, named "HM Slave 1" and "HM Slave 2" respectively. These two Pokémon can learn all the HMs (and Flash) besides Fly, which is always in my team anyway.

The last Pokémon that I nicknamed is a Munna that I caught through Dream Radar, named "Daydreamer" because I always use her to do the Dream World stuff.

I don't typically nickname Pokémon, besides my various "tool Pokémon", which includes any Pokémon that serve a certain purpose. I might catch a Ditto and nickname him "Sex Blob", or something.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Wow, there's a thread like this :o

Anyways, here's what I chose for names~

Player: Leia
Rival: Spike

I chose Leia because that's the closest female name to my name (I'm a guy x3)
I named the rival spike because of the hair, so spiky xD.

Team Names
Servine: Sir Perior (puns ftw)
Frillish: Fur Elise (sounds like Frillish xD)
Braviary: Brahms (just came to my mind)
Lucario: Anubis (the Egyption Dog headed God)
Magnemite: Lodestone (cause lodestones are magnets <3)
Growlithe: Arcadios (Derived the first four letters from Arcanine, Dios means god)

A little something I made~
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2017
My Name: Andrea (My real name is Andrew, but I'm using the female character...)
Rival's Name: Joey (Name of my best friend)

No nicknames for my Pokemon. I'm not creative enough to make nicknames :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2012
My name : Laurie (My real name)
My rival's name : Jack (That's always been my rivals name, since Yellow!)
Tepig - Blazebacon
Magnemite - Magneto
Rattata - Rathbone
Sandshrew - Brunel
Growlithe - Sherlock
Horsea - Seafax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back