View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2012 (05:19 AM). Edited October 21st, 2012 by OffRoadSP.
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
I'm a little behind on posting these. I get distracted reading everyone else's!

October 14, 2012

I spent a significant amount of time in the Dream World this morning: first with Maractus, where all we found was a Nosepass that could use Stealth Rock, and then with Mareep, who gained a level, and brought back many items as well as a female Basculin that could use Zen Headbutt.

I entered the Virbank Complex and started to explore. Among other Pokémon, I found a wild Growlithe and Koffing that I managed to capture! I already had six Pokémon with me, so they were immediately sent to storage.

“Growlithe, the Puppy Pokémon. Growlithe are extrememly loyal to their trainers. They will remain motionless until they are given orders by their trainers. They will bark at those who approach unexpectedly to scare them away.”

“Koffing, the Poison Gas Pokémon. Koffing are kept aloft by lighter-than-air gases gases contained in their bodies. These gases are toxic and not only smell, but can also cause massive explosions.”

163. Growlithe

164. Koffing

One of the trainers I battled in the complex had a Magby, which I haven’t seen in Unova yet.

“Magby, the Live Coal Pokémon. Magby have magma-like blood that circulates throughout their bodies. Their body temperature is over 1,100 degrees F. Embers escape from mouth and nose when they breathe.”

I then found a new Entree not far from Virbank City. There were a lot of small missions called Funfest Missions that not only helped to grow this new Entree, but also allowed me to gather quite a few items and berries. While I was running around on these missions, my Azurill evolved into a Marill!

“Marill, the Aquamouse Pokémon. Marill keep from drowning due to the oil-filled end of their tails that float on water. They are fine even in rivers with strong currents.”

165. Marill

I went back to the Pokémon Center, and rotated my team, keeping Marill, Magnemite, Koffing, Drifloon, Swablu, and Elekid with me.

I also received some more medals, which along with some new Hint Medals, brings my total to 41:
Evolution Hopeful
Battle Teacher

October 15, 2012

Dream World: Cruslte. Nothing new; Mawile with Fire Fang.

After work I received four more medals and two Hint Medals, bringing me up to 27 medals and making 44 total:
Moderate Customer
Mission Host Lv. 1
First Friend
Ace of Hearts

October 16, 2012

A quick trip to the Dream World after midnight with Psyduck raised its level. We also came back with a Stunfisk.

I had a very long day at work, but late in the evening I decided to look for the Virbank Gym. It was a very unimposing structure in the middle of the city covered in graffiti. When I approached it, I could hear loud punk rock music coming from inside. I walked in and descended down the stairs. I entered a large auditorium, where a band was playing! I asked one of the fans that was rocking out where the gym leader was, and he said that Roxie, the head of the band, was also the Virbank Gym Leader. After the band played their set, I asked Roxie if I could have a gym battle. She said she would battle me tomorrow, but I was welcome to battle the other band members for some practice. Apparently the Virbank Gym is a poison-type gym, because I fought Venipede, Koffing, and even a Grimer!

“Grimer, the Sludge Pokémon. Grimer gather in polluted places and increase the bacteria in their bodies. They were born when sludge in a dirty stream was exposed to the moon’s X-rays.”

After some good trainer battles using my Dunsparce and Magnemite, I returned to the Pokémon Center. I contacted Professor Burnet who was able to download the data from the Dream Radar. I managed to find an Igglybuff and a handful of Shuckle in the Interdream Space, which she transferred to me in Dream Balls!

“Shuckle, the Mold Pokémon. Schuckle store berries in their shells. These berries eventually ferment to become thick, pulpy juices that taste delicious.”

“Igglybuff, the Balloon Pokémon. Igglybuff have soft and bouncy bodies that have a faintly sweet scent. If they start to bounce, they cannot stop.”

166. Shuckle

167. Igglybuff

I gained a new medal, giving me 28 medals earned plus 17 hint medals:
Wonder Writer
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 63 Obtained 42
Kalos Medals: 80
Kalos Ribbons: 10