View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2012 (03:03 PM).
Are you ready for Freddy?
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Olli97:
You know, I'd have to disagree with you on that. There may not be any obviously creepy things around the region, in any areas or in the dialogue except for the thing with the girl at Marvelous Bridge, however all you need to do is take a look at the Pokedex entries for certain Pokemon, and you'll stumble upon some creepy or disturbing things, or in the very least, some things that don't really seem like they fit into Pokemon. To be honest, I think the fifth generation brought forth the most of these kind of entries of all the generations. I'll just list the ones I find the most disturbing below.

Litwick

Litwick shines a light that absorbs the life energy of people and Pokémon, which becomes the fuel that it burns.

While shining a light and pretending to be a guide, it leeches off the life force of any who follow it.

Its flame is usually out, but it starts shining when it absorbs life force from people or Pokémon.

Lampent

This ominous Pokémon is feared. Through cities it wanders, searching for the spirits of the fallen.

It arrives near the moment of death and steals spirit from the body.

Chandelure

It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance.

Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind.

Yamask

Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life.

These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves. Each retains memories of its former life.

Cohagrigus

It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.

Grave robbers who mistake them for real coffins and get too close end up trapped inside their bodies.

Heatmor

Using their very hot, flame-covered tongues, they burn through Durant's steel bodies and consume their insides.

There are more, but these were just the ones I felt to be the most dark or unnatural for such bright games as Pokemon to include, and while some from earleir generations may have been worse, this generation sure had the most.
Actually, this is true. I hadn't thought of Pokedex entries. Just to add one of my personal favorites to the list:

Duskull - If it finds bad children who won't listen to their parents, it will spirit them away--or so it's said. It loves the crying of children.