View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2012 (07:16 PM). Edited October 21st, 2012 by Lunafloon.

Nature: Quiet
Back again with a question! That's if anyone sees it, hasn't been a post for 2 day :0
Couldn't think of a better place to ask this than on a shiny hunters club full of people who love shinies but what are your thoughts on the Shining Charm? Who's going to get one? I hope I got the name right >3<

Right now, I'm on the fence about it. On one hand, I've always wanted to complete the Pokédex but I've never had any real motivation since the rewards you get aren't amazing. Now, I finally have a reason to complete it! And encountering more shinies would be fun, since shinies are quite fun to just collect, even if you never use them, and I only have 6 right now...
On the other hand, I feel kinda conflicted. I'm worried finding more shinies or making them easier to find might ruin the fun, and that they won't be as special or as exciting as finding a 1/8000 something shiny would be. I mean, the Pokéradar plus RNG already make it easier, and the Masuda Method does too though I believe not so much, but I've never used this methods out of either laziness or just never really getting round to it. So I dunno, it's weird to explain but I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet! I don't want to feel like I'm cheating myself out of the fun of finding shinies...
Would be nice to hear everyone elses thoughts, maybe help me make a conclusion too?

As for shiny hunting, still working on completing White 2 first! Having a bad cold and generally being indecisive about my team is slowing me down, I'm getting there though!
Thinking that Numel might be the first one I go for, just because I think Camerupt is strangely adorable, and I need to find a shiny, any shiny, to kick my want-ness into gear, since 2 years has made me forget how exciting it can be to find one! However, maybe if I'm lucky a RE shiny will appear on my playthroughs anyways? We'll see!
I write too much I know ;D