View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2012 (12:58 PM).
☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Psystar63
Quote originally posted by AlexOzzyCake:
Hmm, Mawile is actually a pretty fascinating Pokémon to me, I've never really given it much of a thought when thinking about Steel types and yet it's such an interesting Pokémon.

So, I have a few questions... What exactly makes Mawile a pure Steel type? Is it just the hair thing...? And what exactly is that long hair thing anyway? It looks like a huge pair of jaws but that just seems utterly ridiculous so does anyone know? And another question; with a base stat total of 380 and only two decent stats (decent only being 85 in this case), how can Mawile possibly a good Pokémon to use in battle? Does anyone have a Mawile that they've used previously that they'd like to describe? It'd help a lot in understand this... thing. xD I get that the whole idea of this Pokémon is trickery and deceiving, but it's moves don't seem to reflcet that... Although if anything I'd say it should be Steel/Dark, or at least Steel/Normal - it doesn't warrant being one of the only three pure Steel type families in my opinion :p

Anyone have any thoughts about this puzzling Pokémon? :3
According to it's Pokedex entry in Ruby:

MAWHILE's huge jaws are actually steel horns that have been transformed. Its docile-looking face serves to lull its foe into letting down its guard. When the foe least expects it, MAWHILE chomps it with its gaping jaws.
(Yes it says MAWHILE! Typo?)

But I still don't get its huge jaws. Was that the result of some evolution? I wonder if it can actually eat through those things, or if they're just for show.

Anyway, I think I had a Mawile once on my Ruby team for a little while, before I realised it wasn't much of a battler. I did use my Mawile in Beauty contests though. A lot of the moves it knew were pretty good for Toughness Contests, especially the Stockpile-Spit up/Swallow combo.

And I agree that it should be a Steel/Dark, considering it's design is all about deception. Plus, like half of the attack moves it can learn are Dark-type anyway. It's odd that a pure Steel-type would know a lot of Dark-type moves.

.☆--------.
The Point Above the Clouds | pm | vm | Photobucket