View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2012 (03:04 PM).
wolf

Quote originally posted by Gdamatov77:
Is Magikarp truly powerful enough to spend time getting and not evolving, or are all these people trolling me successfully?
They're trolling you. I'm unsure whether or not you're trolling as well. But anyway...

Like Zeffy said, Magikarp is simply too weak to pose a threat regardless of what it uses. Magikarp only has 10 base Attack, and even a 200 base power move isn't going to help it much. I'll post a damage calculation to give you an example.

252+ Atk Magikarp Flail vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 96-113 (31.78 - 37.41%) -- 90.8% chance to 3HKO

I chose Latios because it has 80 base HP/Def, which is not too high but not too low. Still, Latios is quite fragile and Magikarp only 3HKOes it with a max powered Flail. Even a Lucario 2HKOes Latios with Close Combat, and that's taking into account the Fighting resist.

252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 150-177 (49.66 - 58.6%) -- 99.61% chance to 2HKO

Not to mention it would be difficult getting Magikarp down to 1 HP safely when practically everyone uses Stealth Rock and/or Sandstorm. Simply put, it isn't going to work. I doubt it would work even against the worst of players.

Also, use this calculator for damage calculations.