View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2012 (10:51 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Stefke:
One last thing, I was looking for a Wooper on route 32. I killed one by mistake, I then had to search for almost AN HOUR before finding one again! Is it supposed to be that rare?
I'm venturing a yes here. After all, in Gold and Silver there was a 4% chance to find it during the morning (0% in Crystal) and a 35% chance of finding it during the nighttime hours (30% in Crystal).

I am speaking of the original Gen. II games of course, but they are nonetheless the source for wild Pokémon data. As for how that was translated to the game, I'll let a designer answer that. But yes, if you're hunting during the day, you're not likely to find it. Try at night if there is night in the hack.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.