View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL . View Post
lol Lorem ipsum. lol Deoxys normal form doesn't have balanced stats like the meteorite description.
I watched a YouTube video of someone playing BW and using the meteorite in the museum on their Deoxys, and copied the messages. Balanced or not, it's what the official games say.

Quote:
Put more "basic things" near the Lappet, specially trainers (that are too far away0, and put less advance things like textbox movements, downloads for internet and the karate-man minigame. Some beginners get lost with too many events, this is a little intimidating.

To beginners only copy and paste the Deoxys/Mew, put the island switch on the boat event. Put one to return if isn't captured and the player beat the E4 (like the games starting in Platinum).
There's a teleport straight to the main areas. I also wanted to avoid clutter by having too much in the same place.

Fair enough. I can see how the current events would be more complicated for newbies.

Quote:
A little problem: You trainertypes change mess with some Battle Tower trainers. Example: Kindlers became Engineer and say fire speech and use fire pokémon.

There's a Rotom form change event?
Cosmetic, and I don't care about the Battle Frontier anyway. If anyone wants to update them (particularly as they only go up to Gen 3), they're welcome to.

Nope. There's a Deoxys form change event(s), though, which is the same. I'm not going to duplicate an example needlessly.

Quote:
Shiny and Shadow pokémon really needs a better animations.

I didn't like the relic stone sprite. Try to use the pokémon default statue.

About the apricorn tree, at least put in a different color to not be confused with headbutt trees.
There's a thread about making better battle animations (which has of course died, because apparently no one wants to actually do any work themselves).

'S not really a stone if it's a statue. Anyway, it's up to you what graphics you want to use.

I've already recoloured it a yellow/green.

Quote:
How about making a true Elite Four? I saw some beginner with problems of making the five trainer rebattle after the player win all/single lose.

How about a swimmer trainer, a sloped cycle road, ribbon example, a coin exchange house and a Key Item seller (maybe the Lerucean Seller)?.

Don't be lazy and make another map for ice cave basement XD
Good point. I didn't think there was a use for an auto-resetting trainer, but the Elite Four are just such things.

Okay, stupid, okay, okay (I thought they were more complicated than what they actually are), okay.

Well, okay. It'd be a pointless little map, but fine.