View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2012 (09:07 PM).
The Legendary Master of Light!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by shiny quagsire:
If it is proprietary, I'd imagine it isn't too complicated. Probably a stream of compressed images (PNG, JPEG, raw RGB(A) data) with some sort of header telling different data like speed or something.
Yeah, that's exactly what I've been thinking. However from what I've seen... it only contains the data and no header. Like for instance, if you look in a/2/2/2 (which is what I've been told that is the opening cinematic data) in B2/W2... you'll notice all those binary files contain no headers at all.

But I can take a guess at what they might've used before they put them into Adobe PhotoShop, they probably would've used Autodesk 3ds Max, Maya or some kind of 3D modeling program.

'Cause I've tried everything except for the 3D models in Adobe PhotoShop to attempt to produce the blue/red glow from the logo in the same way as it does in B2/W2. So the only way of getting that kind of effect would be using 3D models in Adobe PhotoShop before saving them as .png or .bmp. From what I've noticed, the opening cinematic in both B/W and B2/W2 don't contain as many colours as what a .png image would, it matches that of a .bmp.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm gradually learning to use Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!