View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2012 (07:25 AM).
Axeliira
<< p u l s e s >>

Nature: Brave
To answer my own topic, like Golurk, we need other grass-type starters that have fighting elements but not warrant the grass/fighting type. Grass-Steel is a perfect combination for a new starter, like maybe a Scyther-like Pokemon that could have blades, swords or knives as hands or teeth.

Basically, something that could at least be equal with the number of fire-fighting starters that are out there. (at least...3-4?)

I'll keep this topic alive for more discussion, and if there's no more discussion feel free to pop up another topic!

Quote originally posted by AlexOzzyCake:
Bulbasaur is tough, but pretty push-over-ish too tbh .-. It had some incredibly tough moments like the evolution struggle you mentioned, but there are countless times when it's been proven to be tbh pretty weak. Also can anything like this:

truly be tough? ;)

Do you think there should be a grass/fighting starter, just like Fire starters have fire/fighting? Why?
I think it would make sense for there to be one and there's countless possibilities of designs for Grass/Fighting hybrids since they're two very easy to relate types (despite only two currently existing), but I personally wouldn't like to see one. It is certainly an interesting type to work with and the two different approaches that the types bring would complement each other well (I'm expecting a Pokémon based on healing itself all the time with drain punches and grass drain moves..?), but I can think of many more interesting types for it to be paired with. Honestly what I'd like to see most is a Grass and Bug starter - I know it's not unique and I know the two types are arguably somewhat similar, but just think of how awesome it would be to have such an interesting type combination whilst you're beating the game. There are so many brilliant designs that could be made from this dual typing and the moves they could access are extremely diverse given the wide nature of Grass Pokémon and Bug Pokémon, so I think they'd work perfectly together for a starter Pokémon. It would be a challenge given the increased number of weakness (and two x4 weaknesses), but I think it'd be worth it. Just look at Leavanny for proof :D
I can't contain myself from that image. /falls off from chair. xD

Quote originally posted by zid_sen:
Forgot that one XD
Okay! The Badass of Continuos Leaf Storm!!

By the way..
Do you think there should be a grass/fighting starter, just like Fire starters have fire/fighting? Why?
No need!
Y'know that all fire type move sometimes is a badass-strongly punching, so fighting type gonna be matching! But Grass type move is something beauty-slow and cutting! I more prefer Grass-Normal or Grass-Steel or something matching with grass cutting style!
There we go. You are now in the club, welcome! Judging from your SU post from earlier, Shaymin is a good choice! I watched the movie one time, and I will agree! Sky forme is pretty tough. :)