View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
You can disable locked boot on x86 PCs, just install Windows 7/XP over it if you don't like W8
I think I'm so going to spend some quality time with the final version before saying anything. It's going to get some time getting used, though, and I prefer things in one single coherent workspace... I think I might consider requesting a downgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3 View Post
Depending on what you wish to do with the laptop, I'd say the Toshiba. Mainly for the RAM and the hard drive. But thats just me. I like to multi-task a lot.

As for the windows 8, it seems that it runs slightly faster (not a lot) and you can switch the look of it back to the normal/tradisional look just by pressing the windows key + D. The same with the start button, press Win + X and vola, it's back to how every other OS has looked.
Hmm...

I think I'll hold off on purchases for now, since I've heard of some expo going on in 22 November. Maybe then I'll impulse buy.