View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2012 (08:27 AM).
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Quote originally posted by Chuck̄:
After reading through this thread, I'm still not sure why you think It's time to upgrade? Your 2011 MacBook Air should have plenty of power for anything other than heavy gaming. Looking at these specs, the CPU is still quite relevant, The Intel 3000 graphics should provide enough power to watch any HD video streaming or not and handle minor gaming titles well. The fact that the only features that Mountain Lion leaves out for this that I know of Might be Power Nap, but I think there was an EFI update for these not too long ago that enabled that. At 4GB of Ram it should be able to run any program you throw at it today.
You mention having a monitor you plug it into, so screen resolution probably isn't a concern, so the only logical conclusions I can speculate are that you either need a built in optical drive, want to play more intensely graphic games, or that you are always running out of HD space. (the first and last options can easily be remedied with external devices to store and play content.)
My thoughts exactly. You know, even the second can be fixed cheaply with an external device, though USB DVD drives are getting a bit harder to find. That said, any of those laptops could probably be made into nice OSx86 machines if you want to put the time into that.