View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2012 (06:17 AM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
The last person I knew who died was about a month younger than I am. He would have turned 22 on November 28, but he died on June 2 of the leukemia that he had battled with on and off for most of his life since he was four years old.

Honestly, if I had to sacrifice one whole year and all he could get was one more hour, then no, I wouldn't do it. By the end he'd had enough and he was comfortable with the thought of dying. This had been a long time coming and he was expecting it, so I doubt he had any unfinished business to take care of... especially that could be dealt with in one hour.

If it were a year for a year, then I would do it in a heartbeat. The idea that I could sacrifice one of the old crusty unenjoyable years of my life so that he could have one more in his would be something amazing. He didn't deserve anything that happened to him, and I think if everybody he knew just donated one year of their life, then he could have a full and happy one and that would be just epic. With the amount of people at his funeral, he'd outlive us all! XD

The one caveat to bringing him back would be that he'd be healthy, though. I wouldn't want to bring him back sick. He'd had enough of that.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat