View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2012 (07:36 AM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Oo, I'm ashamed I didn't notice this thread before! Okay so here's a joke for acceptance into the club:

Argon walks into a bar. The bartender shakes his head and says "Sorry, we don't serve noble gasses."
Argon doesn't react.

I'm sure you've all heard it before but I love it anyway haha. Anyway, on to discussion!

Personally, I love Chemistry above the other sciences. I find the way that everything interacts to be absolutely fascinating and the potential uses of this understand are infinite; this is why I choose to study Chemistry and degree level. I'd say it's certainly not the easiest of scientific fields to understand, but in my opinion it's one of the most fulfilling as it gives an understanding of everything that exists in the world and how it can exist as it does. I know that this is then further explained by Physics, but that's usually way over my head haha. I also love Biology and Ecology is a field that I've always been really passionate about going into, but unfortunately I made that decision too late when it came to applying for a university course.

With the dissections talk going on at the moment, I agree, I certainly wouldn't want to dissect something either. The thought of cutting into that poor animal's flesh is... ick. But I would do it if I had to for my research since in my mind it's more important to progress with science than it is to squirm other something gross. xD