View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2012 (09:39 AM). Edited November 27th, 2012 by KingKaos.
Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!

Nature: Quirky
Name: Kaiba Swordkin

Appearance: Kaiba is tall man who stands at 6’3 for a guy his age. He is often known as the “towering giant” by the people that know him. His skin is dark brown like a wooden stool or a piece of furniture. His eyes are as blue as the ocean with often amazes the people who look into them. There is a scar on his left cheek from a fight with a junkyard dog when he was a rebelling youth. His hands are wrapped up with white bandages to hide his scars from fighting against gang of bikers when he was 15. He lost the fight and to teach him a lesson, the bikers started to whip his hands with their biker chains. After injuring himself so often from fights, Kaiba started wearing black under-armor for protection that covers his arms and chest. His legs are regular blue jeans that have holes in the knees from his fights. He believes he is able to survive with “minor” injuries because of his “lucky” jeans. He wears steel boots at all times so his feet are never crushed or injured.

Personality: Kaiba is a dog with a lot of bark, but definitely no bite to back it up. Though he has spared and practiced boxing with his family’s Hitmonchan, he has not fully grasped good fighting skills. Because of his training he is always trying to start fights with people to show his toughness, but then gets his butt handed to him all the time. Kaiba has a large ego and the need to shout out how “awesome” he is to all that meet him. Kaiba is annoying to many people, but his height is so intimidating that others dare not speak this to him. Though the people that do know he has no bite are always telling him to keep his mouth shut. When having the urge to prove he is “awesome” Kaiba will often trying making sculptures with his boxing techniques, which are always just piles of trash. Kaiba is always looking to make new friends and meet new people. While has an annoying personality to some, he does have a few good friends that enjoy being around him. Kaiba often uses his large body to protect these close friends as well. He describes himself as the “People's giant of awesomeness”.

History: Kaiba was born in a small town in Zaude where he was a young rebellious trouble maker. Rather it would be shouting from rooftops or yelling in the town square, Kaiba made sure he did not go unnoticed. Even though he was a giant in the eyes of townspeople, he believed they did not pay him any attention out of fear. So Kaiba decided to always find ways to get people to notice what he was doing onec he had arrived on the scene. This became very annoying to the townspeople and so in retaliation some thugs decided to beat Kaiba up. Kaiba was beaten up quite a lot from the ages of 12-14 because he was annoying and weak. That’s when he decided that he needed to bulk himself up and began training with his family’s Hitmonchan. He learned the basic techniques of boxing, but his mind did not comprehend its purpose. So while Kaiba had the potential to be a great boxer, his mind held him back with thoughts of being “awesome” and beating up all those who oppose him. He would continue training with Hitmonchan and fighting others on the streets to prove how “awesome” he was. As a result, he found himself scarred often from his multiple fights with thugs and bikers. He just couldn’t grasp what it would take to win the fights and finally be recognized as “awesome”.

One day, he overheard a conversation between some townspeople about the idea of Pokemon battles and league champions. Once Kaiba heard the word “Champion” his eyes lit up with joy with the idea of becoming a Champion, which would make people realize and notice his awesomeness. He decided that he would head out on his journey as soon as possible. He just needed to know how to get his starter Pokemon. That’s when he heard the townspeople talk about a person by the name of Professor Vayne. Kaiba became excited even more and ran over to the townspeople and asked them about all the details they could give him so that he could be a Pokemon trainer then champion. The townspeople started to snicker a bit at Kaiba. Kaiba was about to walk away with his head down when he noticed some dirt on his bandages were coming loose and so he tightened them a bit with his teeth. The townspeople thought he was threatening to them and so they stopped snickering and told him all about where to find Professor Vayne and her lab. Kaiba was now even more excited to get his first pokemon and also excited to start his first pokemon adventure in Zaude to become a champion.

That night, Kaiba decided to get as much rest as he possibly could before he made his way to the lab in the morning. While sleeping Kaiba awoke feeling different than usual he seemed as though he took on the body of a four-legged beast. It was sort of strange in this body - although, at the same time, it sort of felt right... Soon, the sky turned black. Lightning and fire started to spread, destroying homes, and terrorizing the people of Zaude. Soon, he heard an unfamiliar voice: "Beware of the Oracle..." Kaiba tried to block out the screams and tried running to protect everyone that he could. That’s when he noticed a burning home about to fall down upon a family and their Haxorous. The Haxorous was using his dragon pulse to destroy the rubble that was coming down from the building, but soon a larger chunk than it could handle started to come crashing down on it. As the building was coming down, the Haxorous turned towards Kaiba and screamed something. However, Kaiba could not hear him because of the screams of the other people. Kaiba charged at the Haxorous and the family in hopes of saving them. Just as he was a few inches away from pushing all of them out of danger, the house’s burning rubble fell on top of all of them. Kaiba woke up screaming and unsure of what had just happened. He wanted to play it off as a regular and awkward kind of dream, but he looked at his body and his bed to see that he had been slightly burned.

Starter Pokemon:
Species: Axew
Moves: Dragon rage, Scratch, Rock Smash, Protect
Pokemon Gender: Female

Representative Legendary: (Terrakion)

RP Sample: “It’s so cold here. Why did we have to travel so far, old man Rowan?” Ruby said as she held her body close as to not freeze. She and Professor Rowan had travelled to Snowpoint City after their encounter at Lake Verity. It was back at that lake that Ruby and Rowan encountered each other. Ruby had just been dropped down on the lakefront by a flock of wild Pidgeots. Once she recognized she had been dropped in a strange place, Ruby immediately dispelled her fear of the unknown and headed toward the lake. It was there at the lake that she saw Professor Rowan being attacked by a group of Starly. “Why are all flying Pokemon in such a big hurry to attack humans these days? I better save that old man with what I’ve learned from my grandfather. Hopefully my after effect won’t kick in!” Ruby said as she focused her aura into a transparent veil that suppressed the wills of the Starly flock and knocked them out. Ruby jumped up and down in celebration over the fact that her technique was super effective. However, before she could continue her celebration, she noticed that she had also knocked out the old man she was trying to save.

Ruby immediately ran over to him and hoped to revive him. “Hey there, old man! Hey, old man! Wake up!!!” Ruby screamed at the unconscious old man while she shook him violently. The professor soon regained consciousness and pushed Ruby away from him. “What did you just do to me and that flock of Starly?” Professor Rowan asked as he brushed the dirt off his lab coat. “Hey, how about some thanks for saving you from that flock of Starly that just attacked you!” Ruby screamed. Just as she was about to continue screaming, the flock of Starly awoke from being unconscious. Professor Rowan flinched as he feared that they would attack. “Young lady, I think it might be best for us to escape with what little time we have.” Professor Rowan grabbed his briefcase and was preparing to run away, but Ruby threw up her hand and stopped him. “A heroine never turns her back to the enemy, a heroine with scars on her back have no resolve and thus are unfit to be a heroine.” Ruby said as she tightened the scarf around her neck. “That is rule three of my grandfather’s training and I plan to abide by it!” Ruby screamed as she prepared for another oversight attack, but before she could Professor Rowan grabbed her shoulder. “If you have that kind of resolve then you should use one of my Pokemon.” Professor Rowan offered his briefcase to Ruby.

“Looks like you’ve got some nice resolve of your own, old man. Now who should I choose to be my ally of justice?” Ruby looked down at the Pokeballs and then grabbed the small blue dog’s Pokeball. “Come to the battlefield, my ally, Brave!” Ruby launched the Pokeball between the flock of Starly and from that ball arose the Pokemon, Shinx. The Starly looked at Shinx with some traces of fear from Ruby’s oversight, but still tried to attack her Shinx. “Young lady, here is a Pokedex, use its data to battle with that Shinx you have!” Professor Rowan handed off the Pokedex to Ruby. Ruby then uses the device to find the attacks of her Shinx. From the Pokedex’s information she found that Shinx knew Tackle, Leer, and the strange move Mud-Slap. “Brave use your Leer attack.” Shinx stands in the middle of the flock and uses Leer on all of the Starly in the flock. “There are five Starly in the flock and we have hit all of them, good job Brave! Now Tackle them all down to the ground!” Shinx responds immediately to the commands of its master and hits each Starly with a Tackle attack. Each of the Starlys fell very easily. “I know Starlys aren’t strong, but they shouldn’t have fallen that easily.” Professor Rowan said as he watched Ruby place a gold scarf around Shinx’s neck.

“My technique from earlier weakened them quite a lot. They got back up to flee, but their rowdy spirits got the best of them and tried to fight us. With Brave’s extra Leer it was a sealed deal.” Ruby said as she placed Shinx back in its Pokeball. “By the way, my name is Ruby Star and I plan to be the hero of this region. What’s your name, old man?” Ruby said as she extended her hand out for a handshake. “My name is Professor Rowan, it’s a pleasure to meet you, Ruby. The idea of you being a hero actually interests me. I’ve been looking for someone like you. Would you like me to tell you about a path that will lead you on to the path of becoming the hero of this region?” “Of course I want to hear about it! Tell me where to go!” “Then we will be heading off to Snowpoint city so that you can board a specific ship.” “Alright then please lead the way, old man Rowan!” With that Ruby and Rowan made their way to Snowpoint city, where Ruby would board named as the S.S. Libra II.

“I won’t be boarding the ship with you at this time, but I will meet you at its predetermined destination. Be safe and don’t cause any trouble for others.” Professor Rowan gave Ruby her ticket for the S.S. Libra II. Ruby quickly snatched away the ticket from Rowan and ten Pokeballs from his belt and launched her way to the harbor. At the harbor, she prepared to board the S.S. Libra II. She flashed the man her ticket and boards the boat, but not before letting Brave out of its Pokeball. “Here we go, Brave, it’s a brand new adventure from here on out!” Ruby grabbed her sunglasses and covered her eyes. “Please watch me closely and with loving eyes, grandfather.” A tear slipped from Ruby’s face to the floor.

Full Power comes from their hearts!