View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2012 (12:21 PM). Edited November 11th, 2012 by Freezer.
Bewarb

Quote originally posted by Shining Raichu:
I've always found Olimar fairly useless myself. He moves pretty fast but he isn't agile. I find his movement limited, even with the Pikmin, which is a shame because the concept had a lot of potential :(
Olimar is arguably the best character in the game not named Meta Knight though. He can shut down many characters, is the KING of ground games and iirc the only character that has a 5-5 match-up vs Meta Knight. His Pikmin are diverse, and if you know how to manage them, the game is as good as yours. The Pikmin are so ridiculously good, and if you have the right Pikmin at your disposal you can pretty much shut down any and every character and control the whole ground space. His normals and aerials are good too, and can play defensively and offensively. Hell, he has no flaw in his design bar one thing - his recovery. His recovery is so awful that he must stay on the ground for the majority of the fight, so any aerial fighter (see: Wario, Meta Knight, Yoshi) can have a field day with him should they exploit his weakness. Though he's still dangerous because his Pikmin can utterly destroy you if you're careless. Olimar is one character that must be played carefully as and against. This is from an ex-Olimar main.

Anyway haven't been in this topic for a while. With Playstation All-Star Battle Royale out in two weeks or so I'm actually in the mood for playing Smash. Still maining Wario and Snake, and I don't plan to change. (They are my favorite video game characters, after all. Helps that I'm a huge fan of their fight style.)

What's your favorite SSBB stage to brawl on?
Final Destination and Smashville with no items...:V. Though if I feel like playing the game as it's intended I usually go with Delfino Plaza, Port Town or Warioware Inc.

It's such a SHAME that Shadow Moses Island is a boring design. I'd love to play it because Kojima designed it and it's Shadow Moses Island for god's sake, but it's awful imo.

Twitter - Tumblr