View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2012 (02:00 PM).
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote originally posted by lucaspontes:
I also think the event doesn't rule out remakes. They had Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza in HGSS, and now they have Groudon and Kyogre event... so what? They can make remakes and have them again. It would seem repetitive and illogical to us, but I don't think that's something they would worry about.
The thing is, this topic is interesting if the next games are RSE related. If something new is next, it will change things in one way or another, and this topic will restart afterwards disregarding anything that was discussed here.

My point was, if Kyogre and Groudon were gonna be on the covers of games in near future, then giving them out as events like this is the same as giving out Lugia/Ho-oh after the release of Platinum. And that jsut doesn't make sense in any way.
Im confident they would have thought of something else for the aniv, like giving out Cherish Ball something that would activate whatever in RS, you get the idea. Heck they could announce that they are working on remakes, that would be fitting too. But no, they give us the mascots instead.

Lol. You should know people love to speculate and see hints everywhere, and most of the time, they are quickly refuted. You support that the event means no remakes and you defend that much better than any hint hunter, but other people can disagree with you. No one is saying it can be ignored. You know that actual news are more significant than any hint, so you shouldn't worry about that.
I got a bit frustrated there. Because it seems like a no-brainer to me by now. I mean, wouldn't they throw us a bone by now already?

;B
Humans are conditioned to looking for patterns everywhere, because it is useful for survival and everyday life. This instinct is actually so deep that people will expect and assume tons of illogical and flawed stuff, while always being surprised when something new happens.

As for the pattern discussion, even if they say there isn't a pattern, there could be a pattern. That's because they have been doing games for years, and they wouldn't notice if they were following one. It's the same as a person who follows a routine every day, if you ask they if they have a pattern, they will answer they don't, because they have grown used to it and don't see their routine as a "pattern".
Sure,
the issue now though is that there were recently rocks in their way that forced them to adapt regardless of whether they were unintentionally creating a pattern or not (DS selling well, meaning they went gen V without new hardware, and having to finish the gen off without time for filler games). And furthermore, there is now an even more obvious hurdle that messes up the "normal" plan, specifically the fact that they will change over to new hardware, which should be a giant mess without starting a new generation at the same time.

EDIT: Gah sorry, my post got much longer than intended...Im just trying to explain as understandable as possible '