View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:25 PM
P0kelegend

Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
Yes, in case they have been working on RSE remakes for the past 2 years and intended to release them in near future, I would have expected them not to give out events of the mascot legends on their anniversary.

So it really is conclusive proof for me that whatever is next, it will definitely not have these 2 fellas on the box.

Sure, there might be RSE remakes in 2174, but I don't see the point in discussing that.

Your comparison is doubly flawed. Emerald was waaay ahead of any aniv and HGSS had Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza in them WITHOUT requiring event.
I don't see your point. HG/SS having Groudon/Kyogre in them is more prominent than some WIFI download available in select locations so you could have just said that HG/SS were conclusive evidence of R/S remakes not being done as they have Groudon/Kyogre in them. So to say a random WIFI event is conclusive evidence of no remake is really silly. And why does it matter if Emerald was ahead of any aniversary? It still had Lugia/Ho-Oh as event legendaries which are more prominent than just a download on an anniversary like Groudon/Kyogre are. It's the EXACT same - Lugia/Ho-Oh in a GBA game to be transferred to DS, while now we have Groudon/Kyogre on DS to be transferred to 3DS. It's the 10th anniversary, how can you NOT expect them to release the mascots? They have to commemorate the anniversary somehow.

And anyway, who said we are getting RS remakes? We could very well just get an emerald remake. Just jumping to a conclusion that there wont ever be remakes is just farfetched.

Pokemon distributed via WIFI have NOTHING to do with when future games will be released, especially if they are moving to a brand new platform for the next game (3DS). Honestly, what I DO agree on is that its likely we won't see the remakes next - the most likely conclusion IMO is that the Gen VI pair are coming next so remakes won't be here for another few years. In the anime, Ash is already in the Unova League so his journey in Unova will be finished soon and they'll move onto a filler saga somewhere (and I doubt its Hoenn, all hints point to him going back to Kanto since Team Rocket went back there) not to mention all the event Pokemon for Gen V have been revealed so they'll probably reveal a new Pokemon in February which will be the star of the next movie.