View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2012 (8:39 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier
Nature: Quirky
The city of Zaphias itself was an entirely new experience for Ericka Kenway. Having been born and raised in a seaside town, everything here was a new sight, a new smell and a new sound. It was as if she had fell through a black hole and this was a completely different universe to the one she knew. Even the people were different; rather than the friendly, small-town of greeting everyone who passed you, people seemed to act stand-offish and avoid you totally. Ericka didn't mind too much, though. She was far too busy taking in the sights than to do her usual thing.

A map helped her find her way to a place known as "Vayne's Labratory", though Ericka took several detours, briefly stopping in some shops along the way. Everything seemed a little expensive, but far cooler looking than the clothes she was used to. What Ericka adored more was the cute Pokémon that helped the shop keepers. She couldn't name them all, but they all looked so friendly and amazing. She couldn't wait until she had her own.

"Can I help you with anything, miss?" the shopkeepers would say when Ericka found herself staring too long.

"No, thank-you. I'm just looking. But thank-you!" she looked a little disappointingly down at the sack of coins her mother had given to her before she left. For her, it was a good lot. Maybe a month's worth of pocket money, maybe a little more?! But here, it was probably small change.

Thankfully though, nobody had offered her a lift home or asked where her parents were. Were people less judgemental in this city or did they just not care?

"Hello! You look a little out of place, little miss," a man standing by a market beckoned Ericka over as she strode through the streets. She walked over to him, map outstretched, pouting slightly. "Do you need any help?"

"Actually, yes," she turned the map around so the man could see it. "I'm looking for... Vaan's labratory? That one," she pointed at the red circle around a point on the map.

"You definitely are not from around here, I can see that!" the man chuckled, pushing the map back to Ericka. "You were heading in the right direction. See, up there? That building? That's Vayne's labratory. Just walk up the street and turn right, alright?"

"Thank you very much, sir! I'm Ericka!" she reached out to shake the man's hand, which he accepted.

"Vincent," he said through another chuckle. "Are you staying in the city long?"

"I'm not sure, but I'm sure I'll see you again, Vinny! Thanks again!" and with a wave, she was off again.

She followed the directions perfectly; up the street and to the right. Indeed, what she recognised from pictures was the lab. It was... she couldn't contain her excitement any more, and rushed up the stairs to give the front door a big knock. She stood still for half a minute then stepped back. Maybe Vayne wasn't home? She turned around to find a place to wait, her eyes meeting with another boy around her age. Without hesitation, she strode over to him, waving to catch his attention.

"Hi!" she said when waving wasn't enough. "Do you know where Professor Vayne is?"
art blogreblog blogavatar by me
i can draw your character → commission info