View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
It's because the pokemon hacking community, for the most part, is so used to having things served to them on a silver platter. It's a given, because we've been graced with so many wonderful incredible hacking tools that make it easy for anyone to hack. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I mean, no other game in existence has been made as easy to hack as pokemon thanks to the tools (though it could also be that Pokemon is an easy game to hack, but the point still stands), but it conditions hackers to have things done for them. That's really the case here, though in my opinion, I find this to be just fine, regardless of its simply being a base. It offers hackers the ability to expand their horizons in many aspects, and while a "649" patch all of the pokemon in "capturable" would be nice, this project is really quite expansive and shouldn't exist (due to its difficulty and scope.

So good work Jambo. I honestly couldn't see many other people taking up a project such as this, and it seems to be turning into quite a fine patch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
It was three sentences.

Good job jammy bob. Hope see more work soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
Once somebody creates an additional wild pokemon editor to support FireRed with this patch being applied to. Until that, hex editing is the way to go.

Not sure why I ended up quoting to you but just felt like saying that

Anyway, I personally hate to see this hack being so underrated.
Seriously, most of the comments in the thread are about "This hack doesn't do anything after patching!" and that kind of stuff. After all, implementing all this requires massive amount knowledge and work. Personally, I can do all kinds of neat things with assembly but... all this is really something else. I couldn't imagine trying to do this on my own. You're not just "hacking" the game, you're pretty creating a new game.

Good luck to the making, Jambo! If you succeed in pulling this out, that really is something.
Cheers guys, it's good to know the long hours I put into research and then implementation are appreciated :D
For the record, some of the stuff implemented is relatively simple, some of it is monstrous in terms of difficulty. That monstrous stuff is likeliest to be the buggy stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrElephant View Post
Ill keep short and sweet since you don't like to be bothered Jambo. Is there any way that this can be patched easily to an emerald rom. I just want to be able to create double wild battles in emerald. Thanks for your patience.
No. It is specifically for Fire Red. In theory, it would be possible to port the wild battle stuff to Emerald/Ruby, but I don't have time to do it right now. I have a lot of coursework at Uni (hence why development on this has stalled), and what little free time I do have is being spent playing Assassin's Creed III and Halo 4.