View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2012 (10:48 PM). Edited November 17th, 2012 by machomuu.
machomuu
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Aina Martis

--Freedom--

"D-dear, are you sure you want to go in something that light?" Haynie, Aina's mother asked in a daze.

"It's Summer, dear. She'll catch a cold if she wears anything more," the frazzled mother's loving husband Kain reassured.

"W-what about tissues? Do you have enough tissues?" Haynie asked, running left and right looking for tissues. "Kain, dear, where are the tissues."

Glimmering Aina, standing at the doorway ready for departure, moved the cold mask from her face to her chin and said, "Mother, I'm fine. You helped me pack, remember?" Haynie stopped in her tracks and sighed. She looked to her daughter and held her close. "I love you mom, I'll be alright," Aina confidently assured her.

"Sometimes I worry about you. I always worry about you." Haynie said, still with her daughter between her arms. Tears started to stream down her cheeks and Kain promptly put his arm on her shoulder to comfort her. Haynie sighed again and released her daughter, stepping back a few steps and wiping her wet face. "I love you, too, Ai." The name "Ai" was a nickname her mother and father called her. Aina put on a hearty smile and waved to her parents. The two of them waved back and watched as their daughter headed out into the world for the first time.

As Aina stepped passed her normal boundaries, she felt something she'd never felt before. It was calming feeling that quickly filled one with ecstasy. It frightened her, but at the same time she enjoyed the feeling. It felt as if the bonds of her sickness were gone, that she was no longer restricted to the isolated and repetitive life that she would have otherwise led until she died. She felt free, and that freedom allowed her to see the world in an entirely new light. Grass was greener, voices were more distinct, and everything was more vibrant. Before she knew it, she had arrived at the lab.

She stepped towards the door and put her hand on the handle when a voice from behind her said "Aha!" Aina let out a quick scream in response, startled by the sound. She turned around to see a woman in a lab coat.

Professor Vayne

"What's a pretty little flower like you doing at my doorstep?" The woman said, looking at Aina with a grin. Aina's cheeks became a bright red color from embarrassment. She tried to talk, but wasn't really sure what to say. "No, wait, don't say anything," The professor said. She looked at Aina for a few seconds, and then she walked around her, keeping her eyes trained on the sickly young girl as she rounded her. "Hmm...blue hair, bronze skin, skinny, and a cold mask...you must be Aina Martis, right?" A spot on deduction for someone she'd never met. Aina opened her mouth to agree, but before she could say anything the good professor broke in. "I knew it, I knew it!" she said, pushing her glasses up and shining a victorious smile. "Professor Vayne pleased to meetcha. Please, call me Vayne, but just don't call me Vain." She laughed to herself very briefly and went on. "Very good, c'mon in and I'll let you meet your pokemon." The professor then made her way into the laboratory. Aina couldn't help but stand there in a daze, and after a few minutes, she joined the professor.