View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2012 (05:04 PM).
Monocolorist

Nature: Quiet
Ultimate Red Monocolor Challenge SoulSilver Update #2

-In the interest of full disclosure, I used Steve to help beat my rival’s Gastly. Eddie had no moves with which to hit it
-Went through Ilex Forest, skipped all the trainers I could, ran right through Goldenrod, and went immediately to National Park
-Started up a Bug Catching Contest to catch the first permanent member of the team, Umberto the Scyther (we won :D ). Taugt her the TM for U-Turn right away.
-Umberto turned out to be a total beast once I trained her up. With Technician, her Wing Attacks end up being something around 135 base power with STAB.
-Umberto took out Whitney single-handedly without taking a single hit, one shotting both Clefairy and Miltank (the latter with a lucky crit) (Lost the screen for this :( )
-Killed Sudowoodo, got to Ecruteak, and went straight to Burned Tower
-After a bit of searching, we got the next member of the team, Stannis the Magmar
-Went west from Ecruteak, leveling up Stannis on the trainers along the way
-Got to Olivine, got the Good Rod, caught a couple Krabbys (one for surf use later)
-Traded one of the Krabbys to a guy in town for a temporary member of the team, Billy the Voltorb
-Went back to Ecruteak where the whole team got their hands dirty on the Morty fight (Lost this screen as well)

The Team:
Spoiler:

Umberto the Scyther ♀, Lv.28
Ability: Technician
-Wing Attack
-Agility
-U-Turn
-Pursuit

Stannis the Magmar ♂, Lv.22
Ability: Flame Body
-Ember
-Leer