Thread: FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet
View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Thanks for the comments guys, they're actually really encouraging. I'm surprised at the positive reception already, considering how I haven't posted any screenshots of the new scripts (I'm re-scripting the entire game from scratch - I've cleared out all the scripts in my ROM). But again, thanks guys. I'm thinking I'll have an alpha release that goes up to Route 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
Wow. This hack is back. The R/S/E styled graphics look alright. I really like the new moves you implemented. Based on the story we can't be a girl right? (Not that I care since I'm a boy, Just Wondering) :p
You must have missed this screenshot

Yes, you can play as the girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Oh wow, brilliant! Pokémon DarkViolet surely has some really nicely designed tiles... they're more like a mixture between Emerald and Black 2/White 2.

But other than that, it's great to actually see a remake of the original Red and Green being made as a ROM hack... even though there is FireRed and LeafGreen. 'Cause it surely is nice to see remakes done in someone's own unique style, and that's pretty much the charm about any ROM hack.

It's a great idea to also have Green (who was originally Leaf) as a character you'll run into every now and again. Remember, anything's possible... you can create scripts that activate depending on the gender of your character you chose at the start in the same way as May or Brendan in R/S. Which also makes me think... maybe you could have Green/Red as a character you get to battle every now and again, like you do with Blue.
Well, if you've played the really old version of DarkViolet when I was working with Emerald, I had Red/Green as a secondary rival. I'm keeping that feature.